Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Robert Haycock <Ro...@artificial-solutions.com> on 2013/03/01 11:57:50 UTC

Orphan VersionHistory - cant delete because NoSuchItemStateException

Hi,

Jackrabbit 2.4.3 on MySql.

How to clear up orphaned VersionHistory's?

I have a number of VersionHistory nodes which only have children jcr:versionLabels and jcr:rootVersion. I figured I would have to checkIn() the base version then remove the version in order to remove the VersionHistory. Only problem is the base version doesn't exist.

So, I've tried a number of things. Most recently, using reflection so I can call removeChildNode() from the parent. Problem is I get NoSuchItemStateException when saving the session.

How come these VersionHistory's exist when there is no underlying item state?
How can I get rid of these?

Thanks,

Rob.