Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Barbara Newton <ba...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/18 19:55:51 UTC

Form Authentication

This is driving me crazy!  I have configured from authentication in my
web.xml with a number of security constraints.  None of the constraints map
to any CSS files.  However, when I bring up the application the CSS files
are hitting the authentication.  Since my form has styling this is a
problem of the chicken-and-egg sort since the CSS files are not
authenticated yet.

On top of that, when I do successfully authenticate, the CSS file is the
one that has been saved by the authenticator and is the one that is
returned so the browser just brings up the raw CSS file.

Any thoughts?  Ideas?

The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that
cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong
goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair
                                                   ---* Douglas Adams*

Re: Form Authentication

Posted by Barbara Newton <ba...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for your reply.  I figured it out...someone had put a security
constrain on "/" which meant everything ended up passing through the form
authenticator.  Once I removed the constraint everything started working.
 So yay for me.

On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 11:16 AM, Cédric Couralet <cedric.couralet@gmail.com

Re: Form Authentication

Posted by Cédric Couralet <ce...@gmail.com>.