Posted to dev@creadur.apache.org by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk> on 2013/03/17 14:32:21 UTC

Nexus Access Requested for Apache Rat

I've opened a ticket[1] requesting the access we need to Nexus to
release Rat. If I've made any mistakes, please jump in. (Feel free to
fix if you have karma.)

Robert

Re: Nexus Access Requested for Apache Rat

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <rd...@apache.org>.
On 03/19/13 18:48, sebb wrote:
> On 19 March 2013 08:18, Robert Burrell Donkin
> <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>> On 03/17/13 13:32, Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:
>>>
>>> I've opened a ticket[1] requesting the access we need to Nexus to
>>> release Rat.
>>

>> Nexus is now set up
>>
>> Thanks Brian :-)
>>
>> Publishing a trial snapshot[2] sounds like a good next step
>>
>> Opinions? Objections? Improvements?
>>
>> (I hope to give this a go later today)
>
> Go for it.
>
> Snapshots have no guarantees and can be deleted if there are issues -
> or just deleted anyway.

It seems to have worked :-)

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/apache/rat/

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
<ro...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> On 03/17/13 13:32, Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:
>>
>> I've opened a ticket[1] requesting the access we need to Nexus to
>> release Rat.
>

> Nexus is now set up
>
> Thanks Brian :-)
>
> Publishing a trial snapshot[2] sounds like a good next step
>
> Opinions? Objections? Improvements?
>
> (I hope to give this a go later today)

Go for it.

Snapshots have no guarantees and can be deleted if there are issues -
or just deleted anyway.

Note that snapshots are not staged by Nexus, they are published immediately.
A snapshot is something with -SNAPSHOT as the version suffix.

Releases don't have the -SNAPSHOT suffix.
Nexus stages them so they need to be closed and released before they
are publicly visible, so it's relatively safe to deploy them.

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.