Posted to dev@guacamole.apache.org by Amarjeet Singh <am...@gmail.com> on 2018/03/01 03:07:09 UTC

Re: Clipboard Redirection in FreeRDP

I have already added clipboard_enable falg in rdp_settings.h and
rdp_settings.c and parse the value of this flag.
On the basis of this flag I have loaded the cliprdr plugin and
clipboard_handler.
I have to pass this flag to FreeRDP rdp_settings structure as there is a
varaible RedirectClipboard as per FreeRDP Manual for latest by version.
I have also handled the events of cliprdr on the basis of this flag.

Only thing left is to push the settings to FreeRDP.

On Mar 1, 2018 1:57 AM, "Mike Jumper" <mi...@guac-dev.org> wrote:

On Wed, Feb 28, 2018 at 1:01 AM, Amarjeet Singh <am...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Team,
>
> I am working on enabling and disabling clipboard.
>
> I went through *FreeRDP Manual* from which I found  the following
variable
> in rdpSettings structure which is as follows:-

As far as disabling clipboard access within Guacamole is concerned, simply
requesting FreeRDP to not use clipboard would be the RDP version of
genetically engineering your dinosaurs to be female. You should instead
absolutely guarantee that clipboard will not function by controlling things
at the Guacamole protocol level, ignoring received clipboard data from the
client (by not providing a handler for that data), and not forwarding
clipboard data to the client even if received from the RDP server.

Recall that, for clipboard data to be received/sent by the client, a
"clipboard" instruction is used to establish the stream of data:

http://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/protocol-reference.
html#clipboard-instruction

To ensure this does not actually have an effect, you would want to make
handling of that instruction conditional depending on some enable/disable
flag, and disable sending of clipboard data to connected clients while that
flag is sent. Conditional handling of instructions is already used for
implementing the "read-only" parameter, and is really what would be
required here:

https://github.com/apache/guacamole-server/blob/
bc5b01d4d8ab0c3c89a08007316d33012261f6b3/src/protocols/rdp/user.c#L97-L114

Besides being reliable, this has the added bonus that the fact that
clipboard streams cannot be established is automatically exposed to the
client through "ack" instructions, and implementations can choose to handle
this by adjusting the interface accordingly, warning the user that
clipboard has been disabled, etc.

- Mike

Re: Clipboard Redirection in FreeRDP

Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@guac-dev.org>.
On Feb 28, 2018 19:13, "Amarjeet Singh" <am...@gmail.com> wrote:

Though it's working but I have to handle and send the ack that clipboard is
disabled if request comes from client to server.

This will happen automatically if clipboard_handler is left as NULL.

- Mike

Re: Clipboard Redirection in FreeRDP

Posted by Amarjeet Singh <am...@gmail.com>.
I will  contribute asap.

I have to setup the environment and need to learn how ( Pull request and
all that stuff ) it works as I haven't done in the past.

Facing issues in the upstream-branch  ( when I  use git fetch upstream and
merge code in my master branch and try to build the war file it fails. ) I
haven't done any changes in the master branch. I was trying to follow the
process of GIT PULL.

I will look into it and and try to fix it asap.

Regards,
Amarjeet Singh

Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@guac-dev.org>.

Posted by Amarjeet Singh <am...@gmail.com>.