Posted to pluto-dev@portals.apache.org by Michael Blum <bl...@apache.org> on 2004/06/22 13:27:59 UTC

Nightly Builds & Release Downloads

Hello,

I have found out that we still do nightly builds of the jars of
"jakarta-pluto" by Gump. See
http://brutus.apache.org:8080/gump/jakarta-pluto/index.html for details.
There are the reports on nightly builds for Pluto V 1.0.

I would like to know whether or not it is a valid requirement for Pluto
to provide nightly builds for all upcoming releases. As far as I
remember it was Maven that hindered us to provide nightly builds for the
current version, i.e. V1.0.1. Does anyone know whether or not this is
still valid? Do all subprojects of the Portals project depend on Maven
and do all subprojects have a problem with nightly builds? In case yes,
what can we do to get this problem solved?

Second, we will need to provide downloads for binary and source versions
for Pluto releases. What is the status on this one ?

Michael.

RE: Nightly Builds & Release Downloads

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.

Michael Blum wrote:
> Second, we will need to provide downloads for binary and
> source versions for Pluto releases. What is the status on this one ?

We will do the release as soon as we are out of the incubator. The one
thing that is missing is the move of the repository which will be done
in a few days. So it shouldn't be long until we have a release.

Carsten