Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Alan Butler <Al...@cusys.edu> on 2008/10/08 20:19:31 UTC

Help with installing orbeon.war. Running tomcat on vmplayer

Hi,

I am running Tomcat 5.5 on vmplayer.  I have successfully ran several
simple programs such as a sample.war.  I am now trying to run
orbeon.war.  I deployed it through the manager in the same way, but when
I try to go to localhost:8180/orbeon it says this application is not
available and it does not show up in the manager at all.

After sifting through the other applications on tomcat to see what was
different I found one thing.  In my
/usr/share/tomcat5.5/work/Catalina/localhost directory there is a
directory for each application installed.  Under each of these
directories there is a tldCache.ser file except under the orbeon folder.
I tried to copy this file from one of the other application folders to
the orbeon folder.  This resulted in a mild success.  Now Orbeon shows
up in the manager as running, however; I now get a HTTP Status 500
error.  Type: exception report. Description: The server encountered an
internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.  Under
exception it lists the following:

javax.servlet.ServletException: access denied
(java.lang.RuntimePermission setContextClassLoader)
        org.orbeon.oxf.servlet.OPSServlet.init(OPSServlet.java:65)
        javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:211)
        sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

a:39)

Impl.java:25)

org.apache.catalina.security.SecurityUtil$1.run(SecurityUtil.java:244)
        java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        javax.security.auth.Subject.doAsPrivileged(Subject.java:517)

org.apache.catalina.security.SecurityUtil.execute(SecurityUtil.java:276)

org.apache.catalina.security.SecurityUtil.doAsPrivilege(SecurityUtil.jav
a:162)

org.apache.catalina.security.SecurityUtil.doAsPrivilege(SecurityUtil.jav
a:115)

:117)

org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:1
51)

org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:87
4)

org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.proc
essConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:665)

org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint
.java:528)

org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollow
erWorkerThread.java:81)

.java:689)
        java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

and under root cause:

(java.lang.RuntimePermission setContextClassLoader)

java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(AccessControlContext.
java:323)

java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(AccessController.java:546
)

java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(SecurityManager.java:532)
        java.lang.Thread.setContextClassLoader(Thread.java:1351)
        org.orbeon.oxf.servlet.OPSServlet.init(OPSServlet.java:62)
[...]

and under note:

The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache
Tomcat/5.5 logs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Alan Butler

tel: 303.492.9457

alan.butler@cusys.edu

Access Management Provisioning Systems
<https://www.cu.edu/ums/security/>

University Information Systems <https://www.cu.edu/ums/>

University of Colorado

4780 Pearl East Circle

Boulder, CO 80301

Re: Help with installing orbeon.war. Running tomcat on vmplayer

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Alan Butler wrote:
> Thank you.  How do I grant it permission or run without a security
> manager?

Don't start Tomcat with the -security option.

Mark

Posted by Alan Butler <Al...@cusys.edu>.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.