Posted to legal-discuss@apache.org by Henning Schmiedehausen <he...@apache.org> on 2007/08/10 09:49:52 UTC

Apache Licensing

A question:

As "Apache projects are characterized by a collaborative, consensus
based development process, an open and pragmatic software license", is
there anything in our charter or legal framework (except the fact that
it would not only touch our core values but also be a PR disaster for
us), that would prevent us from releasing Apache projects under ASL2 +
"another license"? If I read the ICLA correctly, it does not restrict
the ASF to release code granted under that ICLA to "ASL licensed", does
it?

[As other OSS organizations are already considering to invert their core
values, why shouldn't we, too? ;-) ]

	Best regards
		Henning