Posted to docs@httpd.apache.org by David Ward <da...@gtri.gatech.edu> on 2008/07/27 05:45:37 UTC

mod_auth_digest Status in Documentation

In the documentation for mod_auth_digest, the "Status:" line for version
2.0 reads "Experimental", while the same line for version 2.2 reads
"Extension".  So it appears that this module is no longer considered
experimental.

In the "Summary" block, though, the following statement has been left
over from the documentation for previous versions:
"... However, it has not been extensively tested and is therefore marked
experimental."

Since the module is not actually marked experimental anymore, can this
statement be removed?

Thanks,

David Ward
Systems Evaluation Division
Electronic Systems Laboratory
Georgia Tech Research Institute

Re: mod_auth_digest Status in Documentation

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.
On Jul 26, 2008, at 23:45, David Ward wrote:

> In the documentation for mod_auth_digest, the "Status:" line for
> version 2.0 reads "Experimental", while the same line for version
> 2.2 reads "Extension".  So it appears that this module is no longer
> considered experimental.
>
> In the "Summary" block, though, the following statement has been
> left over from the documentation for previous versions:
> "... However, it has not been extensively tested and is therefore
> marked experimental."
>
> Since the module is not actually marked experimental anymore, can
> this statement be removed?

In my opinion, yes. And it *has* been extensively tested. That remark
reflects the now-no-longer-true state that few browsers used to
support Digest. They all do now, and lots of people use Digest in
production environments.

--
Speech is conveniently located midway between thought and action,
where it often substitutes for both.