Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Robert Bateman <bo...@sequoiallc.com> on 2004/09/24 23:06:33 UTC

[solved] Desperately seeking another set of eyes... (long - sorry)

It appears that my underlying problem has been solved - finally.

In my case, I've been attempting to deploy a web service by embedding Axis
into my WAR for deployment as part of my web application.  Reading the
documentation left me a bit confused.  Having asked numerous questions, and
beating my head against the wall for several days, I'd like to offer some
additional documentation for the Axis website.

for the install.html,

431,436c431,432
<  href="http://www.manning.com/hatcher/chap15.pdf">PDF file</a>.
< of Axis requires every jar file that your service depends upon to be
< included in your WEB-INF/lib folder.  Forgetting even one jar can cause your
< application to fault with the message "Null serializer factory
specified."</p>
< <a name="broken"></a>
---
>  href="http://www.manning.com/hatcher/chap15.pdf">PDF file</a>. <a
>  name="broken"></a>

This "patch" adds a small amount of hard earned knowlege.

THANKS to everyone for their time and help in solving this!

Bob