Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by kahon <ka...@sohu.com> on 2006/04/27 04:35:42 UTC

loan-broker assembly deploy in Servicemix within Geronimo error

loan-broker assembly deploy in Servicemix within Geronimo error.
it seems that the examples/loan-broker assembly running in servicemix
standalone will start an activemq broker,and in geronimo itself will start
an activemq with the same connection port tcp://localhost:61616.So there are
deployment questions if that example's serviceunit deployment descriptor no
modified .
so i want the SA deployed to servicemix within Geronimo will use the
Geronimo's JMS service,how can i configuration the JNDI ActiveMQ
connectionFactory in loan-broker su's servicemix.xml file?
Sent from the ServiceMix - User forum at Nabble.com.

Re: loan-broker assembly deploy in Servicemix within Geronimo error

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
The main problem is that Geronimo does not have a global JNDI context
so that J2EE resources are only available via JNDI for J2EE modules
that explicitely reference them...
The only way I can think of is to create an ActiveMQ connection
factory in your servicemix.xml file using spring and reuse the
existing broker created by Geronimo.
Another point is that Geronimo uses ActiveMQ 3 and ServiceMix uses
ActiveMQ 4 (they are incompatible but both may be run as the package
names have changed).  So be sure to use ActiveMQ 3 to create your jms
connection...

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet