Posted to docs@httpd.apache.org by André Malo <nd...@perlig.de> on 2016/01/20 17:09:18 UTC

Re: svn commit: r1725339 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/docs/manual/index.xml.es

* Mike Rumph wrote:

> Is there some reason why the license information is not translated into
> Spanish?

Yes. It would not have any legal power. There is no official translation of
the apache license (AFAIK).

Cheers,
nd
--
package Hacker::Perl::Another::Just;print
qq~@{[reverse split/::/ =>__PACKAGE__]}~;

#  André Malo  #  http://pub.perlig.de  #

Re: svn commit: r1725339 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/docs/manual/index.xml.es

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.

On 01/20/2016 11:09 AM, André Malo wrote:
> * Mike Rumph wrote:
>
>> Is there some reason why the license information is not translated into
>> Spanish?
>
> Yes. It would not have any legal power. There is no official translation of
> the apache license (AFAIK).

In particular, in order to provide a translation, we would either need
to retain an attorney to do the translation, or make it abundantly clear
that the translation is NOT a legal document.

http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon

Re: svn commit: r1725339 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/docs/manual/index.xml.es

Posted by Mike Rumph <mi...@oracle.com>.
Okay.  Thanks.
I thought it would be something like that.