Posted to dev@aries.apache.org by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@apache.org> on 2016/10/13 11:54:00 UTC

Re: Aries Util Release

I'm having a hard time releasing the util subproject.

When I run the following command, eveything works:

   mvn -Papache-release clean install

But when I run the following command, it fails:

   mvn -Papache-release clean install deploy

The weird thing is that it's the semantic versioning plugin which fails.
It seems like it can't find any superclasses or superinterfaces at all, so
it prints a lot of errors like:

In the ICloseableDirectory.java class or its supers, the following changes
have been made since the last release.

The method java.util.List listFiles() has been deleted or its return type
or parameter list has changed.

The method org.apache.aries.util.filesystem.IDirectory convert() has been
deleted or its return type or parameter list has changed.

The method org.apache.aries.util.filesystem.IDirectory convertNested() has
been deleted or its return type or parameter list has changed.

The method java.io.InputStream open() has been deleted or its return type
or parameter list has changed.

The method java.util.List listAllFiles() has been deleted or its return
type or parameter list has changed.

The method long getSize() has been deleted or its return type or parameter
list has changed.

The method org.apache.aries.util.filesystem.IFile getFile(java.lang.String)
has been deleted or its return type or parameter list has changed.

The method java.util.Iterator iterator() has been deleted or its return
type or parameter list has changed.

The method org.apache.aries.util.filesystem.IDirectory getParent() has been
deleted or its return type or parameter list has changed.

The method boolean isRoot() has been deleted or its return type or
parameter list has changed.

The method org.apache.aries.util.filesystem.ICloseableDirectory
toCloseable() has been deleted or its return type or parameter list has
changed.

The method boolean isDirectory() has been deleted or its return type or
parameter list has changed.

The method boolean isFile() has been deleted or its return type or
parameter list has changed.

The method java.lang.String getName() has been deleted or its return type
or parameter list has changed.

The method org.apache.aries.util.filesystem.IDirectory getRoot() has been
deleted or its return type or parameter list has changed.

The method long getLastModified() has been deleted or its return type or
parameter list has changed.

The method java.net.URL toURL() has been deleted or its return type or
parameter list has changed.

The superclasses or superinterfaces have stopped being super:
[java/lang/Iterable, org/apache/aries/util/filesystem/IDirectory,
org/apache/aries/util/filesystem/IFile].

The package version should be 2.0.0.

Has anyone experienced such problems ?

--
------------------------
Guillaume Nodet

Re: Aries Util Release

Posted by David Bosschaert <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Guillaume,

I had some problems releasing too, but mine were a little bit different.

In the end I was able to get to a point where artifacts were stages in
Nexus using Java 7 and Maven 3.3.9 with the following commands:

mvn org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-release-plugin:2.5.3:prepare
mvn org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-release-plugin:2.5.3:perform

However where things went wrong for me was that the artifact checksums
(MD5/SHA1) weren't generated correctly for some reason. Maybe its because I
forgot to pass in the -Papache-release profile...

Cheers,

David