Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by lh...@synergyinc.com on 2001/12/14 17:07:27 UTC

Table Jumbling with ECS

Hello,

     I've been using ECS for quite a while with no problems, but recently
noticed some strange behavior.
In an HttpServlet, I'm building a TABLE by retrieving  rows of data (which
have been sorted)  from an Oracle database and then building a TR for each
row.  I then add each row to the TABLE, the TABLE to the BODY, etc..., all
via ECS. The HTML is then returned via the response object.

     Occasionally, when the HTML is returned to the browser,  one TR is
misplaced.  I'll find it third from the top when it should be 12th, and so
forth.  This problem only occurs occasionally, and it only seems to occur
when large amounts of data (maybe 50+ rows) are returned.

     I'm developing with VisualAge 4.0 with the Websphere Test Environment,
but have also seen this behavior when deploying to the Websphere
Application Server.  I've noticed the behavior in both IE 5.5 and Netscape
6.2.

Any help would be appreciated....

Re: Table Jumbling with ECS

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
lhall@synergyinc.com wrote:

> Hello,
>
>      I've been using ECS for quite a while with no problems, but recently
> noticed some strange behavior.
> In an HttpServlet, I'm building a TABLE by retrieving  rows of data (which
> have been sorted)  from an Oracle database and then building a TR for each
> row.  I then add each row to the TABLE, the TABLE to the BODY, etc..., all
> via ECS. The HTML is then returned via the response object.
>
>      Occasionally, when the HTML is returned to the browser,  one TR is
> misplaced.  I'll find it third from the top when it should be 12th, and so
> forth.  This problem only occurs occasionally, and it only seems to occur
> when large amounts of data (maybe 50+ rows) are returned.
>
>      I'm developing with VisualAge 4.0 with the Websphere Test Environment,
> but have also seen this behavior when deploying to the Websphere
> Application Server.  I've noticed the behavior in both IE 5.5 and Netscape
> 6.2.
>
> Any help would be appreciated....

The ECS mailing list would be better to assist you.  It sounds like there
is a bug with either their library, or with your sorting algorithm.  Unfortunately,
no-one on this list has the expertise to help you.

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin