Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Doug Sale <do...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/16 02:33:07 UTC

SVN commit permissions

I have recently been made a committer on the Lucene.NET incubator project.
While my SVN account authorization works smashingly, I'm not sure that I
have been given commit rights to the repository.  When I attempt to commit
(after meeting the authorization challenge) I receive a "403 Forbidden"
return code.

I sent an email regarding this matter to private@incubator.apache.org (as
indicated in my "Welcome" email) on Jan 6th but haven't yet received a
reply.  Could some kind soul point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Doug

Re: SVN commit permissions

Posted by Doug Sale <do...@gmail.com>.
That was it.  Thank you.

On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 4:45 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacretaz@apache.org

Re: SVN commit permissions

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.

Re: SVN commit permissions

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 16/01/2009, Doug Sale <do...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have recently been made a committer on the Lucene.NET incubator project.
>  While my SVN account authorization works smashingly, I'm not sure that I
>  have been given commit rights to the repository.  When I attempt to commit
>  (after meeting the authorization challenge) I receive a "403 Forbidden"
>  return code.
>
>  I sent an email regarding this matter to private@incubator.apache.org (as
>  indicated in my "Welcome" email) on Jan 6th but haven't yet received a
>  reply.  Could some kind soul point me in the right direction?

I think the problem is that your name is spelt as "dougsales" in the
asf-authorization file, whereas your Unix login is "dougsale" - or
perhaps "dsale"?

The "dougsales" entries in asf-authorization need to be corrected;
AIUI that can be done by the Incubator PMC chair.