Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Joe Bowser <bo...@gmail.com> on 2012/09/13 21:15:36 UTC

[Android] CB-1062 : Should a plugin be able to get an instance of any plugin via plugin manager?

Hey

So, this was a feature request and I can see how it can be useful, but
I can also see how an untrusted plugin can go and totally screw with
other plugins.  I know that we basically assume that developers who
use plugins know what they are doing, but after all the times we broke
plugins we know that this definitely isn't the case.  So, how do
people feel about this issue? Should we punt it and say that it's a
security risk because application devs can't read Java, or do we allow
it and warn plugin developers.

Any thoughts?

Joe

Re: [Android] CB-1062 : Should a plugin be able to get an instance of any plugin via plugin manager?

Posted by Filip Maj <fi...@adobe.com>.
Late to the party but I think this is a reasonable request.

Posted by Simon MacDonald <si...@gmail.com>.
The more the merrier.

Posted by Joe Bowser <bo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Joe Bowser <bo...@gmail.com>.