Posted to dev@hugegraph.apache.org by Imba Jin <ji...@apache.org> on 2022/10/10 14:21:32 UTC

[Report] The incubation status of HugeGraph in 2022Q3

Hi,everyone

we summarized the basic progress of HugeGraph during this period, here is a
draft for it,THX~

---------- Draft Start ----------
HugeGraph is a large-scale and easy-to-use graph database that supports
more than 100+ billion data

HugeGraph has been incubating since 2022-01-23.

### Three most important unfinished issues to address before graduating:

 1. Prepare first release at Apache
 2. Grow user and dev community & increase the diversity
 3. Enhance core product functionality as mentioned in the initial goals

### Are there any issues that the IPMC or ASF Board need to be aware of?

None

### How has the community developed since the last report?

We help users participate in the community easily (like enhance issue
template and more guidance, use the "Projects" module to manage the release
progress and to-do items on GitHub)

And keep close contact with several potential committers (the next vote
will be held after the first release)

### How has the project developed since the last report?

Finished merging and unifying 4 sub-projects into the "hugegraph-toolchain"
project and enable a friendly code style check.

We have renamed package name to "org.apache" for "hugegraph-commons", and
are preparing to publish it to the maven, then modify other related joint
modules.

We support automatic selection of master node for task scheduler and
optimized the pipeline of website update, now it supports automatic
building and publishing. (improve the user experience).

### How would you assess the podling's maturity?
Please feel free to add your own commentary.

- [ ] Initial setup
- [x] Working towards first release
- [ ] Community building
- [ ] Nearing graduation
- [ ] Other:

### Date of last release:

Not yet available

### When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

2022-04-23 (April 28th)

### Have your mentors been helpful and responsive?

Yes, mentors help to remind the release schedule and planning.They tell us
the priority and possible obstacles in the release process.

### Is the PPMC managing the podling's brand / trademarks?

Yes, 3rd parties are respecting and correctly using the podlings name and
brand.

### Signed-off-by:

- [ ] (hugegraph) Lidong Dai
   Comments:
- [ ] (hugegraph) Trista Pan
   Comments:
- [ ] (hugegraph) Xiangdong Huang
   Comments:
- [ ] (hugegraph) Yu Li
   Comments:
- [ ] (hugegraph) Willem Ning Jiang
   Comments:

Re: [Report] The incubation status of HugeGraph in 2022Q3

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
I just added the report to the incubator wiki report[1]

[1]https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INCUBATOR/October2022

Willem Jiang

Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem