Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by afmustac <af...@yahoo.com> on 2006/02/02 01:11:43 UTC

Re: help with httpclient methods please!!!! Any bug with httpclient ???

Hello Roland,

I tried to see if there is anything in the URL or in posted
data, but I could not see anything special.

Do you think there is a bug in httpclient,since I run my code
in 2 different machine and I logged-in into my account.
Both code run simultaneously, and guess what!!!just one record
was showing up in my library everytime, when I refresh the browser
to see what is in my library. At least, there should be 2 different
records, and each records should be updated by each program, which
is running on seperate pc.

I am using httpclient version
commons-httpclient-src-20060130.zip or commons-httpclient-src-20060131.zip.

And in my code I am not doing httpclient.release() after I post my each data..am I supposed to do that?
Thank you so much for any help..I really appreiate them..

--teo

Roland Weber <RO...@de.ibm.com> wrote: Hi teo,

trace the requests sent by the browser to answer the following question:

> Is there anything in the URL or
> the posted data that could be a counter or transaction identifier which
you
> have to update?

You can use a packet sniffer or a proxy with logging option
to get the requests sent by the browser. You can also scan
the form page visually for any differences between the first
and second upload when using the browser.

hope that helps,
  Roland

---------------------------------

Re: help with httpclient methods please!!!! Any bug with httpclient ???

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 2006-02-02 at 05:55 -0800, afmustac wrote:
> Hi,
>
> No, what I mean is I can successfully logged-in to the system, and I can post just one record into my library succcessfully. But, when I tried to submit more than one record in a loop, the latter one replaces the previous one. And, eventually I end up with only one records, which is the last one.
>
> thank you.I will keep searching the archives to see what I am missing.

This has _nothing_ to do with HttpClient. Debug your client side or
server side code, or both

Oleg

Posted by afmustac <af...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

---------------------------------

Re: help with httpclient methods please!!!! Any bug with httpclient ???

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.

Posted by afmustac <af...@yahoo.com>.
Hello Oleg,

---------------------------------

Re: help with httpclient methods please!!!! Any bug with httpclient ???

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.

Posted by afmustac <af...@yahoo.com>.
Hello Oleg,

---------------------------------

Re: help with httpclient methods please!!!! Any bug with httpclient ???

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 2006-02-01 at 16:56 -0800, afmustac wrote:
> Hello Roland,
>
> I forgot to mention in my previous email that there was
> another weird situation. I think each record/data is
> replaced by the one, which is posted right after it, as you
> mentioned before.And,After I terminated my application,there
> is only one record, which is the last posted data in my loop
> ,in my library. Then, I run my application again,
> and guess what:my application start replacing the previous
> record instead of making a new record in my library..I think
> that httpclient is somehow keeping session information, and there
> might be a bug or I am missing something...

You are missing something. HttpClient does not persist cookies and does
not perform any sort of session management

> Can you please help me? Thank you so much again...

We will do our best to answer all your HttpClient related questions. We
are not supposed to debug your application, though

Posted by afmustac <af...@yahoo.com>.
Hello Roland,