Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Arvind Sharma <ar...@yahoo.com> on 2009/08/21 00:56:53 UTC

Cluster Disk Usage

Is there a way to find out how much disk space - overall or per Datanode basis - is available before creating a file ?

I am trying to address an issue where the disk got full (config error) and the client was not able to create a file on the HDFS.

I want to be able to check if  there space left on the grid before trying to create the file.

Arvind

RE: Cluster Disk Usage

Posted by zjffdu <zj...@gmail.com>.
You can use the jobtracker Web UI to use the disk usage.

RE: Cluster Disk Usage

Posted by zjffdu <zj...@gmail.com>.
Arvind,

You can use this API to get the size of file system used

FileSystem.getUsed();

But, I do not find the API for calculate the remaining space. You can write
some code to create a API,

The remaining disk space = Total of disk space - operate system space -
FileSystem.getUsed()

Posted by Arvind Sharma <ar...@yahoo.com>.

Re: Cluster Disk Usage

Posted by Arvind Sharma <ar...@yahoo.com>.