Posted to user@beam.apache.org by Matthew Ouyang <ma...@gmail.com> on 2021/06/18 14:25:14 UTC

Dev Setup - Windows 10 + Docker

 I'm trying to setup a development environment on a Windows 10 machine with
the provided Docker image (
https://beam.apache.org/contribute/#container-docker-based).  However I'm
getting the follow error.  It seems like it's unable to download the
packages that it needs.  Is there additional setup that I need to do?  Do I
need to change something so that apt-get can "locate" these packages?

*Step 12/29 : RUN apt-get -q install -y --no-install-recommends $(grep -v
'^#' /package/pkglist | cat)*

*---> Running in bae98cc4e8f5*

*Reading package lists...*

*Building dependency tree...*

*Reading state information...*

*E: Unable to locate package*

*E: Unable to locate package bash-completion*

*E: Unable to locate package build-essential*

*E: Unable to locate package bzip2*

*E: Unable to locate package wget*

*E: Unable to locate package curl*

*E: Unable to locate package docker.io <http://docker.io/>*

*E: Couldn't find any package by glob 'docker.io <http://docker.io/>*

*   '*

*E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'docker.io <http://docker.io/>*

*   '*

*E: Unable to locate package g++*

*E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'g++*

*   '*

*E: Unable to locate package gcc*

*E: Unable to locate package git*

*E: Unable to locate package gnupg-agent*

*E: Unable to locate package rsync*

*E: Unable to locate package sudo*

*E: Unable to locate package vim*

*E: Unable to locate package locales*

*E: Unable to locate package wget*

*E: Unable to locate package time*

*E: Unable to locate package openjdk-8-jdk*

*E: Unable to locate package python3-setuptools*

*E: Unable to locate package python3-pip*

*E: Unable to locate package python3.6*

*E: Couldn't find any package by glob 'python3.6*

*   '*

*E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'python3.6*

*   '*

*E: Unable to locate package python3.7*

*E: Couldn't find any package by glob 'python3.7*

*   '*

*E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'python3.7*

*   '*

*E: Unable to locate package python3.8*

*E: Couldn't find any package by glob 'python3.8*

*   '*

*E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'python3.8*

*   '*

*E: Unable to locate package tox*

*E: Unable to locate package docker.io <http://docker.io/>*

*E: Couldn't find any package by glob 'docker.io <http://docker.io/>*

*   '*

*E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'docker.io <http://docker.io/>*

*   '*

*The command '/bin/bash -o pipefail -c apt-get -q install -y
--no-install-recommends $(grep -v '^#' /package/pkglist | cat)' returned a
non-zero code: 100*