Posted to dev@kudu.apache.org by Hao Hao <ha...@cloudera.com.INVALID> on 2020/04/16 22:28:00 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Kudu 1.12.0-RC1

Hello Kudu devs!

The Apache Kudu team is happy to announce the first release candidate for
Apache Kudu 1.12.0.

Apache Kudu 1.12.0 is a minor release that offers many improvements and
fixes since the prior release.

This is a source-only release. The artifacts have been staged here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/kudu/1.12.0-RC1/

Java convenience binaries in the form of a Maven repository are staged here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachekudu-1059/

Linux and macOS kudu-binary JAR artifacts are staged here correspondingly:
  https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachekudu-1060/
  https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachekudu-1061/

It is tagged in Git as 1.12.0-RC1 and the corresponding hash is the
following:
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=kudu.git;a=commit;h=ae919d457cda36d854f81732b34af2384441d436

The WIP release notes can be found here:
https://gerrit.cloudera.org/c/15685/

The KEYS file to verify the artifact signatures can be found here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/kudu/KEYS

I'd suggest going through the README and the release notes, building Kudu,
and
running the unit tests. Testing out the Maven repo would also be
appreciated.
Also, it's worth running Kudu Java tests against kudu-binary JAR artifact
as described in the commit message here:

https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=kudu.git;a=commit;h=8a6faaa93f3e206ac75e8087731daccaf7ab646a

The vote will run until Tuesday Apr 21st 18:00:00 PST 2020. This is a bit
over the suggested 72 hours due to the weekend.

Thank you,
Hao

Re: [VOTE] Apache Kudu 1.12.0-RC1

Posted by Hao Hao <ha...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
Thanks a lot for all of your votes and response! I agree to do a new RC as
I also encountered the same
error when testing the jars by using the java-example as what Grant
reported on macos High Sierra.
I will cut RC2 with the fix (when available) and the various test fix
patches mentioned in the thread.

Best,
Hao

Re: [VOTE] Apache Kudu 1.12.0-RC1