Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Stephane Nicoll <st...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/30 12:13:54 UTC

Maven process stuck on MacOS with Java8

Hi,

Has anybody else noticed an issue with Java8 running Maven?

I am using 1.8.0-ea-b124 and a maven command does not complete properly. It
does not matter which plugin or phase is invoked, the process is stuck at
the end and I have to ctrl-Z to go back to the shell.

Switching back to Java 1.7 fixes the problem for me.

Any idea?

Thanks,
S.

Re: Maven process stuck on MacOS with Java8

Posted by Mirko Friedenhagen <mf...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Maven in general works for me,  only thing I remember are problems with
javadoc being checked more strictly now.

Regards
Mirko
--
Sent from my mobile

Posted by Martijn Verburg <ma...@gmail.com>.
Have you tried on 8b126?

Cheers,
Martijn

Posted by Martijn Verburg <ma...@gmail.com>.
Annoyingly, I can't reproduce this issue :-(, could be a difference in a
MacPorts native lib I have or just about anything...

Cheers,
Martijn

Posted by Stephane Nicoll <st...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jan 31, 2014 at 8:45 PM, Mark Derricutt
<mark@talios.com<javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','mark@talios.com');>
> wrote:

> That's the terminal, not the shell ( bash, zsh, fish, csh etc. ).

Yes, right. I am just using the default (bash). I also invoked the same
command from the plain Terminal application and I have the same issue.

Martijn, I've just tried with 127, same issue.

The problem is that I can't generate a thread dump

jstack 47707

47707: Unable to open socket file: target process not responding or HotSpot
VM not loaded

The -F option can be used when the target process is not responding

Using -F does not really help either.

S.

> I was also using iTerm when I had my issue, and now I think about it -
> since the last beta update/release I've not seen the issue again, but I
> also changed laptops so can't recall if its only on the new install I've
> not had the issue.
>
> I suspect they're not the same issue tho...  maybe.
>

> On 1 Feb 2014, at 0:05, Stephane Nicoll wrote:
>
>  Mark,
>>
>> I am using iTerm2 (1.0.0.20130622)
>>
>> S.
>>

>> On Fri, Jan 31, 2014 at 11:56 AM, Mark Derricutt <mark@talios.com<javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','mark@talios.com');>>
>> wrote:
>>
>>  You're not by any chance using "fish" as your shell are you?
>>>
>>> For awhile some strange bug in fish ( at least on my old machine, along
>>> with a combination of prompt settings ) would "hang" on the termination
>>> of
>>> processes, more often than not maven but also others.  Something about it
>>> being stuck reading a char from stdin or something - only it wasn't time
>>> related, sometimes resizes/splitting the terminal would kick it back into
>>> gear.
>>>

>>> On 31 Jan 2014, at 23:12, Stephane Nicoll wrote:
>>>
>>> I am definitely impatient because looking at that closer, the shell is
>>> not

Sent from my phone

Re: Maven process stuck on MacOS with Java8

Posted by Mark Derricutt <ma...@talios.com>.

Posted by Stephane Nicoll <st...@gmail.com>.
Mark,

Posted by Mark Derricutt <ma...@talios.com>.