Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org> on 2010/10/23 08:31:46 UTC

Progressive update of the web site

Hi All,

I updated the menus in james-project to better reflect the current James
state.
I also created a maven site for protocols based on the confluence site
Norman has done.

I began to check-in in SVN the generated protocols site (with
javadoc,...), but cancelled it due to the many amount of MB it had to
transfer (and the resulting commit notifications,...).
For now, I simply SCPed the files to the right directory on the server.
The web site should be soon visible on http://james.apache.org/protocols.

If OK for you, I will for now (temporary) directly copy the files on the
server, rather than checkin/checkout via SVN.
In this phase, I will have to handle much operations, and I think it is
not mandatory for now to go via SVN.
Once fixed, we can always check-in the correct version in SVN (maybe
directly from server, even if I don't think this would be much 'legal'...).

Also you can have a look (tomorrow, when web site is automatically
published) on the top-level menu and send here your comments.
Once approved, I will apply this new skin (top/left menu) to all sites
(mailet, jSPF,... and all) to have a coherent navigation.

Tks,

Eric

Re: Progressive update of the web site

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org>.
Hi Norman,

I don't understand how the pages are visible on the net:

- early this morning, the index/newsarchive pages were visible with
1026261 (the correct announcement) - this was logic because I updated
yesterday.

- after a few hours, index and newsarchive were removed, (r1026263 with
the pages deleted) without any update from me.

Are the sites automatically svn updated with a cron ?
If I scp (not via svn) some changes, will they be removed due to an
automatic process, or even worth, merged ?

Tks,

Eric

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org>.
Hi Eric,

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org>.
Damn it!!

This should have been the one-and-only one

...and this one should never existed

I still don't understand how I came to let it commit (index and
newsarchive files are still on my disk...)
now I see my local svn repo is corrupted (weird behavior from eclise and
cli).
I am now doing a fresh check-out and will recommit the change.
In the meantime, I have svn cp the correct version in repo.

Sorry for the mess,

Eric

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.