Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Kent Tong <ke...@cpttm.org.mo> on 2005/04/01 03:48:51 UTC

Re: Multiple propertyselection: how to judge which of them is changed

Henry Chen <hchen <at> buzzsponge.com> writes:

> So there are there propertyselections in the form. For all of them, set
> "submitOnChange" to true. Then how do I know which component fire the
> submit? I know that I can get the option and save it, then next time when
> submit, get the value again and compare. But I don't know if this is the
> right way... Any body can suggest? Thank you very much.

don't use submitOnchange. Attach a custom javascript function
to its onchange event and set a hidden field in that function
and submit the form. On the server side, check the value of
the hidden field.

Re: Multiple propertyselection: how to judge which of them is changed

Posted by Kent Tong <ke...@cpttm.org.mo>.
Henry Chen <henry.chen04 <at> gmail.com> writes:

>  Could you explain why not? Since I already used it without problem... Is
> there any unstable issue?

I was saying that if you'd like to take the approach I
described (set a hidden field), then you can't use
submitOnChange, simply because it won't set the hidden
field.

RE: Multiple propertyselection: how to judge which of them is changed

Posted by Henry Chen <he...@gmail.com>.
Hi Kent,

 Could you explain why not? Since I already used it without problem... Is
there any unstable issue?

Thanks,
Henry