Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by Bart Coninckx <ba...@telenet.be> on 2013/02/06 19:52:04 UTC

RTMPS and Flash across different browsers

All,

am testing with
apache-openmeetings-2.1.0.r1441250-31-01-2013_2314.tar.gz in combination
with HTTPS/RTMPS on different browsers.

My findings:

Chrome 15 with flash-player-11.2.202.261-1.18.1.x86_64 in Linux: no go
Firefox 18.0 flash-player-11.2.202.261-1.18.1.x86_64,   in Linux: no go
Firefox 18.0.1 on Win XP: no go
IE 8.0 on Win XP: works
IE 9.0 in Win 7: no go, but was not on the latest Flash Player yet,
device has issues with updating.

When "no go", the error is:

[WARN] [NioProcessor-18] org.red5.server.net.rtmps.RTMPSMinaIoHandler -
Exception caught SSL handshake failed.

I remember Sebastian was going to check some things with the Flash
Player, but not sure what the findings were.

I think I will disable RTMPS for the meantime. Am I right in stating
that this renders logging on insecure? Anything else?

Cheers,

BC

Re: RTMPS and Flash across different browsers

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Chrome has internal Flash, so it's results are usually different ...
On Linuxes your can switch between Flash implementations in Chrome (might
not help)

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: RTMPS and Flash across different browsers

Posted by Bart Coninckx <ba...@telenet.be>.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bart Coninckx <ba...@telenet.be>.
Indeed. Also, IE 9 and Flash 11.something does not work in my setup.
Only IE 8 seems to function correctly.

I will try to troubleshoot and debug myself, but SSL is not easy to
troubleshoot. You can forget about packet sniffing.

BC

Posted by Stephen Cottham <St...@robertbird.com.au>.

Posted by Bart Coninckx <ba...@telenet.be>.
What version of OM?