Posted to solr-commits@lucene.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2010/12/31 02:15:50 UTC

[Solr Wiki] Update of "HowToContribute" by SteveRowe

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Solr Wiki" for change notification.

The "HowToContribute" page has been changed by SteveRowe.
The comment on this change is: Redirecting to the Lucene wiki IntelliJ configuration page.
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/HowToContribute?action=diff&rev1=54&rev2=55

  The repository is available on GitHub (git://github.com/eclipseguru/lucene-solr.git). It can be easily kept in sync with Apache SVN using the Lucene & Solr Git mirror.

- == IntelliJ (9.0.3) ==
+ == IntelliJ (9.0.X and 10.0.X) ==
- There used to be a long, complex song-and-dance for doing this, but Steven Rowe did a really cool patch, see: [[https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-2611|LUCENE-2611]]. Essentially, all you have to do is download the patch, run "ant idea", bring up IntelliJ and set the project-level java SDK. See the comments at the JIRA. I haven't tried to run SOLR after this setup, but since the previous version of these instructions didn't try either, it's no loss. NOTE: On my Windows box it was necessary to run UNIX2DOS on this patch before it applied cleanly.

+ See [[http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/HowtoConfigureIntelliJ|the Lucene wiki page on configuring IntelliJ]] - it also covers Solr configuration.
- This patch has not been committed yet, and there's no guarantee it will be. Even if it's not, though, applying this patch is so much easier than doing things by hand that it's worth the effort.
-
- === Installing code style ===
- To install the Lucene/SOLR codestyle files, get the IntelliJ codestyle file from this site and put it in the magic place so IntelliJ can find it. On my Mac that is in ~/Library/Preferences/IntelliJ90/codestyles and restart IntelliJ. On a Windows7 box, this magic directory was in /Users/<username>/.IntellijIdea90/config/codestyles.
-
- Now click on the "Settings" icon (the little in the toolbar) and click "codestyle". You should see the new code style configuration in the select box. NOTE: the name in the select box is the name from the <code_scheme....> tag in the xml file. It is NOT the name you put on the file, which can be a bit confusing..
-
- IntelliJ also allows you to create patches very easily...
-

  === One final note ===
  As always, there are gremlins out there. This guide works for me on my machine for both Eclipse and IntelliJ. However, this isn't the first project I've put in either of those environments here. Your machine with your history may have different results. If there are steps you have to take, please either let me know or update this page directly so others can benefit.