Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Ricardo Lopes <A4...@alunos.ipca.pt> on 2005/07/20 12:28:38 UTC

Appenders with different levels on the same looger, how?

Hi,

Can anybody tell me how can i have on the same looger (ex.
log4j.rootLogger) two different appenders, one for level ERROR or higher
that is a ConsoleAppender and the other for level INFO or higher that is
a FileAppender?

Is it possible?

Thanks,
Ricardo Lopes.

Re: Appenders with different levels on the same looger, how?

Posted by James Stauffer <st...@gmail.com>.
Yes, just set the threshold to ERROR on the ConsoleAppender and the
level to info on the logger.

On 7/20/05, Ricardo Lopes <A4...@alunos.ipca.pt> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can anybody tell me how can i have on the same looger (ex.
> log4j.rootLogger) two different appenders, one for level ERROR or higher
> that is a ConsoleAppender and the other for level INFO or higher that is
> a FileAppender?
>
> Is it possible?
>
> Thanks,
> Ricardo Lopes.