Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by ms...@aol.com on 2006/03/21 18:12:06 UTC

stemming question

if I index with porter stemmer, what is the "overhead" that I incure (if any) with searching...

the reason I ask is that I am planning on switching out porter for kstemmer...and my boss is curious in terms of cpu cycles what the overhead would be (more or less). Granted the KStemmer is different than porter...and my question is not on that ;) It is more when we go through the analyzer and do stemming...what exactly happens...and what is the overhead.

Thanks!
-Joe