Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Timothy Chen <tn...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/15 01:02:56 UTC

Kafka 0.8 w/o ZK

Hi all,

I see that Kafka 0.8 is no longer depends on ZK according to the notes, but
I see that at startup it is still looks for Zk to be up.

I wonder is there a way to run Kafka without Zk in 0.8?

Thanks,

Tim

Re: Kafka 0.8 w/o ZK

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.
In Kafka 0.8, the brokers and the consumer depend on ZK, but not the
producer. There is no way to run Kafka 0.8 w/o ZK.

Thanks,

Jun