Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by David Mann <da...@sympatico.ca> on 2000/08/20 02:47:39 UTC

inetd & mod_jk anomoly

I've found some unexplained behavior with Apache[1.2.13], mod_jk, tomcat[3.2] on Red Hat[6.2] with inted.  If inetd is not running, Apache/Tomcat run as expected without error.  If the inetd deamon is running, Apache will not start (/etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd start returns OK or at boot returns OK, however no httpd deamon is running and strangely enough, the logs are clean). If I remove the include mod_jk.conf-auto statement from the httpd.conf, apache will run concurrently with inetd, as will tomcat.  Apparently mod_jserve/tomcat 3.1 has the same behavior.

Anyone with similar experience who can give this newbie me some direction.....

David