Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by "Dhawan, Vikram (LNG-DAY)" <vi...@lexisnexis.com> on 2008/07/16 17:01:09 UTC

AMQ 5.0 old message cleanup help needed

Hello,

We are using AMQ 5.0 in our production environment for a while now. And
it works really great (Thanks to all the AMQ team for great work). Only
one problem we are having with the AMQ 5.0 is when it comes to cleaning
up the old messages. Because if we don't clean those messages our self
using the JConsole interface by hitting purge on the queues it goes out
of Memory and crashes.

This problem is really getting in our way to make the system stable. I
will appreciate if someone can help us fix this problem in AMQ 5.0
release so it can cleanup the old messages. We tried using AMQ 5.1
release also and it had other problems where we can't even use a message
selector successfully and it's not a very stable release either.

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards,

Vik