Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ma...@ssb.it on 2007/04/04 13:31:41 UTC

[users@httpd] apache threads

Is there a way (a command!) to display apache threads while it is running.
I'd like to know how many threads are only for SSL connections?
I've no MaxThreads directive in my httpd.conf and neither in my ssl.conf.
So I think the default is 2048 but....this means 1024 threads for
connections on port 80 and 1024 threads for connection on port 443.

I'm a problem in these days with apache I've some pages with a lot of
images.
When my system  is busy very for a lot of workload we have notice that the
number of seconds for serving an images in https is very high and the
server become very slow while we have no the same problem in http.

I'm thinking about a misconfiguration in my ssl.conf. I've crypto hardware
accelerator.................

Please let me know

Thanks in advance

manuciao

*******************Internet Email Confidentiality
Footer*******************
Qualsiasi utilizzo non autorizzato del presente messaggio nonché dei suoi
allegati è vietato e potrebbe costituire reato. Se ha ricevuto per errore
il presente messaggio, Le saremmo grati se ci inviasse, via e-mail, una
comunicazione al riguardo e provvedesse nel contempo alla distruzione del
messaggio stesso e dei suoi eventuali allegati. Le dichiarazioni contenute
nel presente messaggio nonche' nei suoi eventuali allegati devono essere
attribuite al mittente e non possono essere necessariamente considerate
come autorizzate da SSB S.p.A.; le medesime dichiarazioni non impegnano
SSB S.p.A. nei confronti del destinatario o di terzi. SSB S.p.A. non si
assume alcuna responsabilita' per eventuali intercettazioni, modifiche o
danneggiamenti del presente messaggio e-mail.
Any unauthorized use of this e-mail or any of its attachments is
prohibited and could constitute an offence. If you are not the intended
addressee please advise immediately the sender by using the reply facility
in your e-mail software and destroy the message and its attachments. The
statements and opinions expressed in this e-mail message are those of the
author of the message and do not necessarily represent those of SSB S.p.A.
Besides, The contents of this message shall be understood as neither given
nor endorsed by SSB S.p.A.. SSB S.p.A. does not accept liability for
corruption, interception or amendment, if any, or the consequences
thereof.

Re: [users@httpd] apache threads

Posted by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>.

On 04.04.07 09:48, Joshua Slive wrote:
> Not being an SSL expert, my first guess would be insufficient random
> entropy.

which means using /dev/urandom for reaqding of entropy, or installing kernel
modules for HW entropy generators (if you have any on the board) could help
much.

Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have.

Re: [users@httpd] apache threads

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On 4/4/07, Manuela.Vorazzo@ssb.it <Ma...@ssb.it> wrote:

> Is there a way (a command!) to display apache threads while it is  running.
> I'd like to know how many threads are only for SSL connections?
> I've no MaxThreads directive in my httpd.conf and neither in my ssl.conf.
> So I think the default is 2048 but....this means 1024 threads for
> connections on port 80 and 1024 threads for connection on port 443.
>
> I'm a problem in these days with apache I've some pages with a lot of
> images.
> When my system  is busy very for a lot of workload we have notice that the
> number of seconds for serving an images in https is very high and the server
> become very slow while we have no the same problem in http.
>
> I'm thinking about a misconfiguration in my ssl.conf. I've crypto hardware
> accelerator.................

Not being an SSL expert, my first guess would be insufficient random entropy.

To answer your direct question, you can view all current threads using
the server-status handler provided by mod_status.

Joshua.