Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Nishant Chandra <ni...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/25 16:35:00 UTC

Taste

My query is regarding taste APIs.

If I have binary dataset (i.e. preference is 0 or 1), are there models
other than TanimotoCoefficient?

Also, with the current implementation, is it possible to precompute
TanimotoCoefficient similarities and feed it into
ItemBasedRecommender? How?

Thanks,
Nishant

Re: Taste

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.
What else would you like to know? I think the javadoc says everything
to say about the implementation. If you want to know more about the
calculation, try wikipedia.

You can do what you say, but you'd have to code this yourself. It's
not hard at all.

I'd still maybe suggest you let the implementation intelligently store
similarities by caching rather than precomputing -- maybe more
effective -- but up to you.

Re: Taste

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
Try here: http://tdunning.blogspot.com/2008/03/surprise-and-coincidence.html