Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Scott Moseman <sc...@gmail.com> on 2005/01/17 17:14:23 UTC

[users@httpd] Virtual Hosts using Kerberos Authentication

I have Kerberos authentication configured and working.  When I use a
website with the same hostname as the server, Kerberos authentication
works just fine.  But for virtual hosts, I am only getting errors.

I created keytabs that match the virtual hostname, but when I apply
them, I get this error message:

(No principal in keytab matches desired name)

And, if I use the server's hostname keytab, I get this error message:

(Wrong principal in request)

So I'm not exactly sure what I need to do to resolve the problem.
Does anyone else have virtual host websites working with Kerberos?  Is
there a how-to somewhere that might explain what to do?  Like I said,
I have Kerberos working just fine on the server, it is just virtual
hosts that are having the problem.

Thanks,
Scott