Posted to user@knox.apache.org by "Prasad R. Nuamatha" <pr...@up.com> on 2016/07/06 20:50:43 UTC

Knox HA environment

I am just trying to get an understanding on how do we go about High
Availablitiy in Knox.  Do we just have to deploy two instances of knox and
have them running parallel and have them manual flip by a cname  when one
is not working or have another round robin server in front ? Or is there
any other way to accomplish this.
Thanks
Prasad

**

This email and any attachments may contain information that is confidential and/or privileged for the sole use of the intended recipient.  Any use, review, disclosure, copying, distribution or reliance by others, and any forwarding of this email or its contents, without the express permission of the sender is strictly prohibited by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately, delete the e-mail and destroy all copies.
**

Re: Knox HA environment

Posted by larry mccay <lm...@apache.org>.
Hi Prasad -

We have docs in the user guide for using multiple instances behind a load
balancer. This would also provide better scalability but you can use the
cname trick as well.

We do not assume that there are specialized clients for some other HA
protocol like some servers. REST clients don't usually expect that.

Thanks,

--larry