Posted to taglibs-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Rick Jesse <rj...@slip.net> on 2000/12/08 00:30:50 UTC

contributing

Apologies for posting this here if this is the wrong place: Is there more
detailed information on how one can become a tags lib developer. In looking
at the submitted tags libraries, the readmes contain todo's which include
developing additional tags. I'd like to participate by developing some of
these. Can you tell me who I go about offically contributing as a developer?

Thanks.

-Rick

Posted by Mike Cannon-Brookes <mc...@internet.com>.
Am I right in thinking that this tag can only set String attributes?

Surely this is artificially limiting the usefulness of this tag?

How about adding an optional value attribute:

<session:setattribute name="foo" value="<%= bar %>" />

This way you could set objects as well as just Strings?

My $0.02 ;)

-mike

Mike Cannon-Brookes - Technology Director, Asia Pacific
internet.com Corporation - The Internet Industry Portal
Ph: (612) 9290 1088 - Mob: 0416 106090

- The Media Network @ http://australia.internet.com
- Meet A Guru @ http://www.breakfastforums.com.au
- Subscribe Online @ http://www.enewsletters.com.au

Re: contributing

Posted by horwat <Ju...@eng.sun.com>.
If you have a proposal for a new project, you can send a description and a
link to the source to the taglibs-dev list. That way everyone has a chance
to look it over. You can become a committer this way, responsible for your
own project and able to work on other existing taglibs projects.

For existing projects, you can submit your code in-line to the list as a
patch. For more information on how to submit patches you can take a look at:
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/source.html

Justyna