Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Wing Tang <wi...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/15 15:45:21 UTC

[users@httpd] errordocument without htaccess

Hello,

I want to redirect a http status code 404 to a custom page. I have
configured within an virtual host the following:

 ErrorDocument 404 /custom_404.html

In the access.log I can see the 404 but the custom error page actually never
shows up.

I havent used the .htaccess file.

Anyone any ideas where I might have gone wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Wing

Re: [users@httpd] errordocument without htaccess

Posted by Wing Tang <wi...@gmail.com>.
I'll check that tomorrow... strange it seems that it should work
with/without .htaccess...

Met vriendelijke groet,

Wing Tang
mob: +31624870322

Posted by Nilesh Govindarajan <li...@itech7.com>.

Posted by Wing Tang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nilesh

Posted by Nilesh Govindarajan <li...@itech7.com>.
On 02/15/2010 08:15 PM, Wing Tang wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to redirect a http status code 404 to a custom page. I have
> configured within an virtual host the following:
>
>   ErrorDocument 404 /custom_404.html
>
> In the access.log I can see the 404 but the custom error page actually
> never shows up.
>
> I havent used the .htaccess file.
>
> Anyone any ideas where I might have gone wrong?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Wing

Does the custom error file exist ? If yes, then try this to see a custom
message -