Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org> on 2009/07/14 13:52:06 UTC

dbpatch antlib status

Some of you may remember the dbpatch antlib added to the Ant sandbox
about a year ago:

   https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ant/sandbox/antlibs/dbpatch/

It is a nice little utility for keeping your DB schema sane across
environments and across releases. I am still using it on some smaller
projects. Still unfortunately I have to drop the ball on it, as my
main projects have all migrated to Maven, and I don't have much itch
to scratch here (and hence time to dedicate to it). As an aside
there's a very similar Maven plugin, based on the same exact idea:

   http://code.google.com/p/c5-db-migration/

So it is unlikely that I will be doing further development of Ant
dbpatch. It would be nice if the actual code could be preserved in the
SVN, as (a) it works in its current form and is fully usable, in fact
it can even be graduated from sandbox with minimal effort; (b) there
are projects out there that are using dbpatch; (c) finally maybe some
other people will be interested to continue this work.

Anyways, just wanted to give everybody heads up, and I let the Ant PMC
to decide what to do with the codebase.

Thanks,
Andrus

Re: dbpatch antlib status

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
Hi Andrus,

> Anyways, just wanted to give everybody heads up, and I let the Ant PMC
> to decide what to do with the codebase.

Many thanks, this is much appreciated.

We'll keep you posted if we ever feel like moving DBPatch out of the
sandbox.

Cheers

        Stefan