Posted to dev@libcloud.apache.org by anthony shaw <an...@gmail.com> on 2016/10/10 09:59:17 UTC

[dev] [VOTE] Release apache libcloud 1.3.0

This is a voting thread for Libcloud 1.3.0.

A new -tentative tag is committed and can be found at
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=libcloud.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/v1.3.0-tentative

A full list of changes can be found at:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=libcloud.git;a=blob;f=CHANGES.rst;h=4a56a4ba5c38f4cdf9a8397797700ef8b4cbd3d0;hb=6dce592b072ec6dc98147e5fd06f7cc1e1fb9c96

Major changes include

- Introduced new base API for instantiating drivers
- Added certificate path for SLES12/OpenSUSE12
- Deprecate DigitalOcean v1 API support in favour of v2 API
- Deprecate RunAbove cloud drivers in favour of new OVH cloud driver
- Fix reporting function for detailed admin logs in Dimension Data Driver
- Added edit firewall functionality to Dimension Data driver
- Bugfix - Fixed listing nodes issue in Python 3 libvirt
- Added FCU (Flexible Compute Unit) support to the Outscale driver.
- [google compute] Add "WINDOWS" guestOsFeatures option.
- When creating volumes on OpenStack with defaults for `location` or
`volume_type`,
  newer OpenStack versions would throw errors. The OpenStack driver
will now only
  post those arguments if non-`NoneType`.
- When fetching the node details of a non-existing node, OpenStack would raise a
  `BaseHTTPError` instead of returning `None`, as was intended. Fixed
tests and code.
- Added `ex_stop_node` to the OpenStack driver.
- When creating volume snapshot, the arguments `name` and
`description` are truely
  optional when working with newer OpenStack versions. The OpenStack
driver will now
  only post thost arguments if they are non-`NoneType`.
- StorageVolumeSnapshot now has an attribute `name` that has the name
of the snapshot
  if the provider supports it. This used to be `.extra['name']`, but
that is inconsistent
  with `Node` and `StorageVolume`. The `extra` dict still holds `name`
for backwards
  compatibility.
- Introduced new Racher driver
- Fixed bug in Docker util library for fetching images from the docker
hub API. API
  was returning 301 and redirects were not being followed.
- Added fetch tags support in elb driver
- Added storage permissions for Google Cloud Storage

Release artifacts can be found at
http://people.apache.org/~anthonyshaw/libcloud/1.3.0/

Note that KEYS file can found at
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/libcloud/KEYS

Please test the release and post your votes.

+/- 1
[  ]  Release Apache Libcloud 1.3.0

Vote will be open until October 14th, 2016.

Thanks,
Anthony

Re: [dev] [VOTE] Release apache libcloud 1.3.0

Posted by anthony shaw <an...@gmail.com>.
It's vote day, I'd like Tomaz's vote to round this off as our PMC
chair. Think he might be on a plane so I'll wait until later in the
day.

Posted by Eric Johnson <er...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jerry Chen <je...@apache.org>.

Posted by anthony shaw <an...@gmail.com>.
It's not very subtle is it. New phone. Not had time to update it yet.
No really, Get Outlook for iOS

*You* get Outlook for iOS, sir.

Posted by Jerry Chen <je...@apache.org>.
*You* get Outlook for iOS, sir.