Posted to user@storm.apache.org by "Kalogeropoulos, Andreas" <An...@emc.com> on 2015/12/01 09:09:53 UTC

RE: Using Storm to parse emails and creates batches

Hello Nick,

I think you are right. It is probably the state that I am not taking into consideration in my logic.
And it is probably only in the last step.

The first is just “extract”, so as you say, I need a “filtering” bolt to just take out what I need
The second is probably going to read from a Cassandra database, and add elements to my tuples, based on the keys coming from y tuples.

It is the third one that needs a state, because I want to wait from multiple outputs coming from previous bolt to work. If second step is working with a list of 10 tuples, I would need to wait for (example) 100 of them, to create and XML with 1000 items (100 X 10 tuples).
Hence it is indeed the “in a logical window of operation (either purely time-based or tuple-based).” That I need to implement. Thanks for the pointers.
If you have any “watch out” on best practices or limitation or example code, it is more than welcomed, but at least you got me going in the direction I need.
Thanks.

Kind Regards,
Andréas Kalogéropoulos