Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by arnaud <ar...@adlx.net> on 2005/04/27 23:38:19 UTC

Simply don't run spam for Mailing Liste

Hello,

Sorry, i don't write (and speak too) a good english. How can i do to
tells spamassassin for no scanning my incoming mailing list or some
domain name, email adresse ?

Here my local.cf, but it doesn't work at all !?

Spamassassin 3.0

-----
required_score 5.00

rewrite_subject 1
rewrite_header Subject ****SPAM(_SCORE_)****

report_safe 0
use_bayes 1
auto_learn 1

trusted_networks 127.0.0.1/8 192.168.1.0/16

whitelist_from *@veronyk.net *@freetelecom.com

-----

Messages have received from veronyk.net for example have alway the
X-Spam-Score and others headers. I don't understand why ?

Here a tail of my log for a mail from veronyk.net

2005-04-27 22:11:25 [22006] i: connection from localhost [127.0.0.1] at
port 49717
2005-04-27 22:11:25 [22006] i: checking message
<67...@wwinf4003> for nobody:99.
2005-04-27 22:11:25 [22006] i: clean message (-98.8/5.0) for nobody:99
in 0.2 seconds, 1452 bytes.
2005-04-27 22:11:25 [22006] i: result: . -98 -
HTML_10_20,HTML_MESSAGE,HTML_SHORT_LENGTH,NO_REAL_NAME,USER_IN_WHITELIST
scantime=0.2,size=1452,mid=<
6758010.1114637407370.JavaMail.www@wwinf4003>,autolearn=no

Regards,
Arnaud.

Re: Simply don't run spam for Mailing Liste

Posted by Marco van den Bovenkamp <ma...@linuxgoeroe.dhs.org>.
arnaud wrote:

> Here my local.cf, but it doesn't work at all !?

Actually, it does. It just doesn't do what you think it does.

> Messages have received from veronyk.net for example have alway the
> X-Spam-Score and others headers. I don't understand why ?
>
> Here a tail of my log for a mail from veronyk.net
>
> 2005-04-27 22:11:25 [22006] i: connection from localhost [127.0.0.1] at
> port 49717
> 2005-04-27 22:11:25 [22006] i: checking message
> <67...@wwinf4003> for nobody:99.
> 2005-04-27 22:11:25 [22006] i: clean message (-98.8/5.0) for nobody:99
> in 0.2 seconds, 1452 bytes.
> 2005-04-27 22:11:25 [22006] i: result: . -98 -
> HTML_10_20,HTML_MESSAGE,HTML_SHORT_LENGTH,NO_REAL_NAME,USER_IN_WHITELIST
> scantime=0.2,size=1452,mid=<
> 6758010.1114637407370.JavaMail.www@wwinf4003>,autolearn=no

As you can see, the message hits 'USER_IN_WHITELIST'. And gets -100
points as a result of it, bringing its total to -98.

'whitelist_from" doesn't bypass SA, it just subtracts 100 points from
the mail score, making it *very* unlikely (but not impossible, I guess)
that the message will ever be scored as spam.

			Marco.

Posted by Chris Lear <ch...@laculine.com>.
* arnaud wrote (27/04/2005 23:06):
> Kris Deugau wrote:

[...]
>> In my case, for instance, SA is called from procmail just before the
>> message is written to a mailbox.  In my .procmailrc file, I have a
>> number of procmail recipes that look something like this:
>>
>> # SATalk
>> :0:
>>
>> This one files messages from this list in the spam-stomping folder
>> before SA even sees the message.  I have quite a long list of similar
>> entries for other mailing lists.
>>
>> -kgd
>
> Ok Thank you. As your can see, i haven't understand this option. I use
> exiscan with exim. It would be better i suppose to perform spamassassin
> with procmail that i use too.

Or use exim configuration rules to prevent scanning of certain messages.
If you are using exim's acls (either exim 4.50+ or older exim with the
exiscan-acl patch), something like this should work:

[in main config]
acl_smtp_rcpt = acl_check_rcpt
acl_smtp_data = acl_check_content

[in acls]
acl_check_rcpt:
[...]
# Set acl_m0 variable to tell the later acl not to use SA
accept hosts = veronyk.net : freetelecom.com
          set acl_m0 = dontcheckdata

[...]

acl_check_content:
# Skip all content checks if acl_m0 variable set
  accept condition = ${if eq{$acl_m0}{dontcheckdata}{1}{0}}
[...]
  deny  message = I don't like your nasty spam
        spam = spamd:true/defer_ok
        condition = ${if >{$spam_score_int}{80}{1}{0}}
[...]

Re: Simply don't run spam for Mailing Liste

Posted by arnaud <ar...@adlx.net>.

Posted by Kris Deugau <kd...@vianet.ca>.

--
Get your mouse off of there!  You don't know where that email has been!

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@evi-inc.com>.
arnaud wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Sorry, i don't write (and speak too) a good english. How can i do to
> tells spamassassin for no scanning my incoming mailing list or some
> domain name, email adresse ?

There is no spamassassin option to cause spamassassin to skip scanning a
message. Period.

If you need to truly skip scanning entirely, go to the tool that's
calling spamassassin and configure it to not call spamassassin in the
first place. (ie: if you do this from procmail, create a procmail rule
to skip scanning these messages).

The spamassassin "whitelist" options only work by giving a large
negative score to prevent the message from being tagged as spam, but it
still scans it.

One reason for there to not be a "skip scanning" option is that by the
time SA understands that it's whitelisted, it's already done a lot of
work. It's already parsed through the message headers and has run all of
the header rules just to figure out that the message was whitelisted.

Aborting at this point might save you some CPU time by skipping the body
rules, but it's really not nearly as much as you would save by doing it
right by not calling SA in the first place.