Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com> on 1996/11/21 11:56:19 UTC

docs progress

Okay, the structure is in place, and the SSI's are set up.  I know that cleanup
may have seemed (for those of you watching cvs output) like lots of sound and
fury signifying nothing, using SSI's will allow us to make some enhancements to
the UI when/if they are required.

There's still lots to do - I didn't fix all the links on the site so link
surgury is still required.  I think it's at a point now where collaborative
work can begin.

Question - for modules which are no longer around, like mod_cookies and
mod_log_common, should we keep documentation around for them?

	pooped, Brian

Re: docs progress

Posted by Paul Richards <p....@elsevier.co.uk>.
Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com> writes:

> Question - for modules which are no longer around, like mod_cookies and
> mod_log_common, should we keep documentation around for them?

I think we should. The way we have things now it's an Apache manual
and people may come across those modules in some system they suddenly
find themselves in charge of and want to know what they are.

  Email: p.richards@elsevier.co.uk
  Phone: 0370 462071 (Mobile), +44 (0)1865 843155

Re: docs progress

Posted by Mark J Cox <ma...@ukweb.com>.
> Question - for modules which are no longer around, like mod_cookies and
> mod_log_common, should we keep documentation around for them?

I'd say yes;  people are not always going to upgrade.  As an example one
of the largest ISP's in the UK, Demon Internet, still use Apache 0.8.14
These people still need to know how the old modules work.

Mark