Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Richard Grin <Ri...@univ-cotedazur.fr> on 2019/08/01 14:29:48 UTC

Re: Injection of an EntityManager is not adapted to CMT mode

Do I have to report this problem elsewhere for it to have a chance to be fixed?

I found other problems in other codes generated by NetBeans and I prefer to report them the right way.

Regards,

Richard

Le 29/07/2019 à 16:06, Richard Grin a écrit :

Hi Ortiz,

The EJB in which I inject is NOT annotated by

@TransactionManagement( TransactionManagementType.BEAN)

so, by default, the transactions are managed by the container: one automatic commit or rollback at the end of the method which started the transaction (I won't go into the details... ; see https://javaee.github.io/tutorial/transactions004.html#BNCIJ). A UserTransaction must not be used. The old versions of NetBeans inserted the good code.

See the code of Arjan Tijms in https://stackoverflow.com/questions/8772175/how-to-implement-container-managed-transaction-cmt.

Regards,

Richard

Le 29/07/2019 à 13:33, Javier Ortiz a écrit :
The current one seems completely correct to me. What error/problem are you getting?

That's an atomic operation.

On Mon, Jul 29, 2019, 5:31 AM Richard Grin <Ri...@univ-cotedazur.fr>> wrote:
Hi,

NetBeans 11.1.

The code generated by NetBeans for the injection of an EntityManager is
not adapted to the CMT (Container Managed Transaction) mode. "Generate"
menu for "Insert code..." > "Use Entity Manager...".

The generated code:

     @PersistenceContext(unitName = "xxx")
     private EntityManager em;
     @Resource
     private javax.transaction.UserTransaction utx;

     public void persist(Object object) {
         try {
             utx.begin();
             em.persist(object);
             utx.commit();
         } catch (Exception e) {
Logger.getLogger(getClass().getName()).log(Level.SEVERE, "exception
caught", e);
             throw new RuntimeException(e);
         }
     }

It should be

--
Cordialement,

Richard Grin

--
Cordialement,

Richard Grin

Re: Injection of an EntityManager is not adapted to CMT mode

Posted by Richard Grin <Ri...@univ-cotedazur.fr>.
OK, thanks Javier. It's done: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-2934 (and another one: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-2935).

Le 01/08/2019 à 16:39, Javier Ortiz a écrit :
Yes, please do. https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/NETBEANS/issues/NETBEANS-2931?filter=allopenissues

Posted by Javier Ortiz <ja...@gmail.com>.
Yes, please do.