Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Anna Bikkina <an...@pinksheets.com> on 2004/02/18 23:15:50 UTC

Validation of date

Hi,

I have to validate data in a form. Is there an already existing way to
validate data using cocoon's form validator. Or if I have to write a
validator that extends FormValdiator of cocoon how do I write methods that
reflect the validate rules in descriptor.xml.

Can someone please throw some light on writing our own validator classes.

Thanks,
Anna.

Re: Validation of date

Posted by "John L. Webber" <Jo...@jentro.com>.
AFAIK there's not any way out of the box to do this with the
FormValidatorAction. However, it's relatively easy to extend
FormValidatorAction to provide this functionality.  Take a look at the
source of AbstractValidatorAction; you need to override the act()
method. You'll need to define your parameters with a different type
(such as "date"); you also need to define your action in the map:actions
section of the sitemap.

Hope this helps -- there may be an easier way to do this with Woody
(check out the Cocoon Wiki: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=Woody

John

Re: Validation of date

Posted by Anna Bikkina <an...@pinksheets.com>.