Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Naveen Srinivasa Murthy <nm...@datalinx.net> on 2002/10/18 15:59:49 UTC

help - axis and schema validation

I want to know whether the Service and Call objects
provided by axis, can somehow do a schema validation
of a webservice input parameter before Webservice invocation.

consider this part of my wsdl

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<wsdl:definitions
targetNamespace="http://localhost/axis/services/MyService/axis/services/MySe
rvice" xmlns="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/"
xmlns:apachesoap="http://xml.apache.org/xml-soap"
xmlns:impl="http://localhost/axis/services/MyService/axis/services/MyService
-impl"
xmlns:intf="http://localhost/axis/services/MyService/axis/services/MyService
" xmlns:soapenc="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
xmlns:esxsd="http://naveen.com/myxml.xsd"
  <wsdl:message name="serviceMethodResponse">
    <wsdl:part name="return" type="xsd:string"/>
  </wsdl:message>
  <wsdl:message name="serviceMethodRequest">
    <wsdl:part name="arg" element="esxsd:ROOT"/>
    <wsdl:part name="arg2" type="xsd:string"/>

the input param 'arg' is supposed be an xml conforming

to the 'ROOT' element in the http://naveen.com/myxml.xsd schema.

I m calling my webservice using a Service and Call objects

and im providing the WSDL url to the Service obj during the WS

call. Is the Call object supposed to automatically validate

the input against http://naveen.com/myxml.xsd schema? If not can

I achieve this?

Please let me know...

thanks