Posted to dev@kylin.apache.org by Shrikant Bang <b....@gmail.com> on 2018/08/20 09:59:43 UTC

Changes In Dimensions And Historical Cube's Data

Hi Team,

    We have a use case where dimension's data may get modified ( slowly
changing dimension (SCD)).

  Here is example:

Fact :
   user_activity (
        user_id STRING,
        country_code INT,
  )

Dimension:
  country_dim (
      country_code INT,
      country_name STRING ,
)

Let's say we have mapped country code 1 to  'example_country1' and keep
building cube for years. Now country code 1 is assigned to
'new_country_code1'.

I have below query:

   1.   Is there any way to update the cube or it has to rebuild for all
   past time segment?
   2.  Can we join cube data with other dimensions on runtime ( changing
   dimensions table) , something like look ups?

Thank You,
Shrikant Bang.

Re: Changes In Dimensions And Historical Cube's Data

Posted by Billy Liu <bi...@apache.org>.
Hello Shrikant,

I think there are some new updates on lookup table capability. Check
out https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KYLIN-3221
Each dimension table is stored as snapshot(if you are using derived
dimension, not normal dimension), and be connected with the correspond
segment. With KYLIN-3221, you could refresh the existing lookup table
as needed.

With Warm regards

Billy Liu
Shrikant Bang <b....@gmail.com> 于2018年8月21日周二 上午11:26写道:

Posted by Billy Liu <bi...@apache.org>.
Hello Shrikant,

Posted by Shrikant Bang <b....@gmail.com>.
Hello Kylin Users,

    I found a similar mail thread of Dec. 2015 (
http://apache-kylin.74782.x6.nabble.com/Incremental-builds-assumptions-and-clarifications-td2736.html
).

Posted by Shrikant Bang <b....@gmail.com>.
Hello Kylin Users,