Posted to solr-dev@lucene.apache.org by Qingdi <qi...@nextbio.com> on 2009/01/08 20:25:44 UTC

2 questions about solr spellcheck

Hi,

I use solr 1.3 and I have two questions about spellcheck.

1) if my index docs are like:
<doc>
<str name="NAME">university1</str>
<str name="TYPE">UNIVERSITY</str>
</doc>
<doc>
<str name="NAME">street1, city1</str>
<str name="TYPE">LOCATION</str>
</doc>
is it possible to build the spell check dictionary using field "NAME" but
with filter "TYPE"="UNIVERSITY"?
That is, I only want to include the university name in the dictionary. What
is the proper way to implement this?

2) my current data index size is about 11G, and the spelling dictionary
index size is about 6 G. After adding the spell check component, will the
spell checking have any impact on the runtime query performance and memory
usage? Should I increase the memory allocation for the solr server?

Thanks for your help.

Qingdi