Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Piper, James D CECOM SEC EPS" <Ja...@mail1.monmouth.army.mil> on 2002/08/28 20:39:09 UTC

struts+jboss-3.0.0_tomcat-4.0.3 combo ActionForm error observatio n

I don't know the ins and outs of why this is, but just in case anybody else
has had the same problem using the integrated jboss-3.0.0_tomcat-4.0.3
combo... I found that if I carelessly jar up all my jsp support classes that
extend from Strut's 'Action' and 'ActionForms' into my EJB jar file that
gets deployed on JBOSS that when the integrated Tomcat tries to run the
compiled JSP files from my WAR file that it gets errors like:
javax.servlet.ServletException: org/apache/struts/action/ActionForm.

I didn't think it would matter that those extra class files were in there
and it didn't seem to when I was using the non-integrated versions of JBOSS
and Tomcat.  But when I removed those extra class files from my EJB jar file
(leaving only the necessary EJBs) then those errors went away.  I think the
problem had something to do with the fact that those same class files were
also in my WAR file.

- Jim