Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com> on 1997/07/15 01:52:15 UTC

Pretty good performance for "www.wimbledon.com" -- PUBNIX (fwd)

No, their numbers don't quite jive (1000 hits/second with max of 400
processes... must be small files), but Apache worked for them.  Mildly
suprised no big vendor has got in bed with UUNet yet for their servers.
Or do I recall something about them having done that but it sucked so
much... <g>

Posted by Ben Laurie <be...@algroup.co.uk>.
Marc Slemko wrote:

> No, their numbers don't quite jive (1000 hits/second with max of 400
> processes... must be small files), but Apache worked for them.

Keepalives?

Cheers,

Ben.

--
Ben Laurie [Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible]

Re: Pretty good performance for "www.wimbledon.com" -- PUBNIX (fwd)

Posted by Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org>.

On Mon, 14 Jul 1997, Marc Slemko wrote:

> This unofficial online publication has been a tremendous success, with
> several days where we had several million (4-5) hits per day; for
> extended periods of time (several hours per day on a few days) we got
> well over *a thousand hits per second*, which a total packet traffic
> across the main mirror ("www-uu.wimbledon.com") reaching a sustainable
> peak of 4,000 packets input or output per second (seriously: four
> thousand per second).

A request takes at least 7 packets.  The math definately doesn't work out
here.

Dean