Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com> on 2018/09/29 08:56:40 UTC

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Accept donation of Gandiva to Apache Arrow

The merge has just been completed.

There have been about 11 patches to the old Gandiva repo since
beginning the merge and IP clearance process. I'm a bit unclear how to
proceed as it appears to be a substantial amount of additional work
developed outside of the community. Advice from others would be
appreciated.

https://github.com/dremio/gandiva/commits/master

Posted by Praveen Kumar <pr...@dremio.com>.
Hi Wes,

Thanks for all the help in getting us merged with the apache/arrow repo.
Sorry we lost track of this in the last couple weeks.

The following are the pending items for the gandiva code in the arrow repo

1. Include gandiva-cpp in Travis CI.
2. Include gandiva-java Travis CI.
3. Synchronize the repositories with the remaining work on gandiva.
4. Deployment support for gandiva snapshot versions that contains the
packaged library.
5. Packaging support for other OS, today we only package a .so, would need
a dylib and dll in future.

I am creating separate jiras for each of the items, plan is to work on them
from October 3.

Thx.

Posted by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Praveen Kumar <pr...@dremio.com>.