Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by "Brown, Berlin [GCG-PFS]" <Be...@Primerica.com> on 2011/03/11 15:42:53 UTC

Deserialize/cache components in Ajax rendering and other scenarios

It looks like caching and the deserializing of pages only happens when
the user "revisits" a page or goes back to a page?

Is there any serialization/deserialization that is done to panels if
they are just rerendered through ajax?  If your whole site is ajax based
(where most of the content is not rendered through pages but panels), I
guess we don't get the benefits of the wicket caching?

Also, does anyone have more information when the wicket page caching
kicks in?  I only see it deserialize a page when you visit the
javascript back button.